Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My Questions, My Answers

Have you ever noticed how you can get on the Internet and pretty much get any answer you want to one particular question? Maybe only if you are like me and thoroughly enjoy those answers that cater to what my itching ears want to hear. Here is one example…last night my husband was reading and I was lap topping, I decided to do a search for “Why is breakfast the most important meal of the day?” Now I had my reasons, number one I have never been a breakfast eater but recently decided to take it up. I brilliantly thought maybe I will be less hungry later in the day and my husband needs some protein in the morning before his hard day’s work…. Admittedly I like to feel conviction around every new decision I make so I was on a mission to prove to myself that this was a worthy cause. As I was “searching” my husband teasingly says “I bet if you did a search for why lunch and dinner are the most important meals of the day, those “answers” would be there too”. He’s right, they were! Thank you honey for the fuel for continued research : ).  There it all was… “Why dinner is most important…” “Why lunch was the most important…”, one site stated that lunch was clearly the greatest meal of the day due to rhyming with “munch”, not on Web MD : ).
This all got me thinking. If I set out to want a particular answer to my “questions” where does this lead me? What am I dealing with here in my heart? I want what I want and I’m going to figure out a way to justify it, to feel satisfied in it, to believe it is worth of time, energy and all. This isn’t a longing for truth, it is a desire to have desire fulfilled. If I wanted to know truth then I need to be open to whatever the answer might be even if I don’t like it.
This is hard! How Lord do I surrender? "Trust Me". If I trust You then I would live out the belief that no matter the answers or silence You give in life, whether easy or difficult, it is best because You are my ultimate care taker, protector, shield holder. You, my Savior, know best. I am in the cleft of the Rock, why worry? Trust, listen, obey, yielding.

No comments:

Post a Comment